Become a Postcrosser


Postcrossing is an online organization were your can send and receive postcards from around the world. It is free to sign up and you just need to send a postcard to receive one.

I first sent a postcard in September 2011 to New York USA and it took 8 days, which I think is a miracle lol. You can send up to 5 at a time to start off with so I received addresses for Germany, Netherlands, Taiwan and Belarus.

Postcards I'v sent


 
 
Once you have sent out your postcards you have to wait for the receiver to register the postcard and then your address gets given to someone random. I am quite an impatient person so waiting to receive a postcard was hard.

After nearly a month of waiting a received 3 postcards on the same day, so I guess it was worth the wait. Since then I have been sending and receiving postcards from around the world and connecting to people from all walks of life.

Postcards i've recieved
 
 

1 Response to "Become a Postcrosser"

  1. 101 Things to do Before You Die says:
    4 July 2013 at 20:38

    Ha! You received a postcard from my city, Raleigh, NC! (But it wasn't me!) Thanks for the idea; I'll have to check this out!